Thursday, March 19, 2009

Aidan at the Airport

DH was away for the week on a work trip yet again. It was hard work for me. Not sure if Aidan could feel the absence of his daddy but he tended to have sleep irregularities whenever DH's away. This time was no exception. He refused to settle after his bedtime milk and kept crying. On the first night, he slept with me! Yes, for the very first time my baby and me slept together. After the fifth night, I couldn't deal with him not wanting to go to bed anymore, as I had to wait for him to sleep before I could have my dinner, wash up, shower and have my 'me' time before I go to bed. So I consulted some books and had that sorted out today haha. Yes, I am a cruel mom who doesn't believe in getting bullied by my baby.

Anyway, the only great thing about having DH going away is that I get to use his car! Yes, the convenience of having a car at one's disposal. How I am going to miss it next week! I was able to go anywhere and anytime I wanted. On this blazing hot day, I brought Aidan to the airport for a cooling, relaxing and chilled afternoon.

Our new airport terminal 3 is so child-friendly! After lunch, I spotted some rides and sat Aidan down to take pictures. Aidan hasn't had his first ride yet because I don't think he is ready for that so it's just picture taking.


Aidan's afraid of the purple dinosaur and scrambled to get down.

Then, we walked down and saw a small children's playground!


Went up to the arrival hall. Huge and spacious for Aidan to roam about.
Finally, an exhausted Aidan went to sleep.
And Mommy can have a cuppa latte and do some reading.


Oh yes, I will miss having a car sorely.

1 comment:

sarah & jacob said...

Good work mum!!!!!! You got it all down like a pro! And you had your coffee as well. Btw, that purple dinosaur is barney!!! =)