Friday, August 15, 2008

Daddy's coming home!


Finally! It's been a long, tiring and lonely two weeks. I really take my hat off to single moms. It's really tough!
Being 24/7 with a child this young is really quite boring. Aidan is at the stage where all he wants to do is to crawl around the whole house, tugging at things, chewing on stuffs, reaching at the impossible places and basically doing everything he mustn't do. He doesn't understand the concept of play or logic or danger. So can't really leave him alone for long and because there's really not much activities to engage him in, you can only follow him around the house making sure he is safe. Try doing this everyday, on your own, for a few weeks, it's mind-numbing I tell you!


The hardest part is that there is no respite. I couldn't hand him over to Daddy in the evening and then space out. It's hard to find time to do my own thing and I get hardly any adult contact on most days. I lined the weekdays with activites like meeting friends for lunch or bringing Aidan for trial classes at various learning centres, so that time could pass quickly. But weekends are the hardest because I don't like to go out then. Too crowded and transportation is a problem. The National Day weekend was especially bad for me. Stayed in with home delivered McDonalds, watching the celebration on TV by myself.
Just so you know, I'm not complaining. I'd rather I get bored looking after Aidan than someone else get bored taking care of him. But sometimes, one does need to rant a little.

No comments: