Friday, January 8, 2010

Vacation in WA- Day01


Wanted to finish writing all the entries of our recent vacation in Western Australia before posting but I realise I might never get it done. We're in the midst of moving out and there are like a million things to do. So I decide that I shall just write and post whenever I get the time.


Checking-in!
Our flight is about 1am so it's way past Aidan's bedtime. He fell asleep in his stroller when we were in the transit lounge waiting to board. So when we boarded the plane, he was half asleep, dead tired and really irritable. He'd never slept in another position other than lying down, so when I had to put him in a hugging position, sitting down when the plane was taking off, he was crying alot. But when the plane was in the air and he could finally sleep lying down in his seat, he slept through the flight.
We touched down in Perth really early as it was only a 4.5hr flight. Luckily, the owner of the house in Hilarys said we could check in early as no one was checking out that day. Neither myself nor DH slept on the plane so we were extremely groggy. I think on the way to Hilarys, DH actually dozed off for a bit while driving. I was fighting hard not to doze off myself so I could make sure that he stayed awake! Fortunately, we arrived safely.

Luckily Aidan was still tired despite sleeping on the plane and in the car and I could therefore catch a little nap. So all three of us had a nap before finally getting out of the house and seeing Perth!


Our first meal. The Whitford Shopping center was just a 5min drive from our house. We were famished and so quickly decided on Nandos! (I heard they're coming to SG soon! YAY!)


After our meal, we wanted to go to the Aquarium but realised that it was already quite late and they were about to close. So we went to Hilarys Harbour and Sorento Boardwalk instead.


In WA, there is practically sand everywhere you go. But Aidan doesn't like sand much as you can see here, probably because we don't bring him to any sandy places much in SG. Well, sand in SG just isn't very nice :P

So basically, it's a very chill first day in Perth.


1 comment:

celest said...

wow.. that last pic. - the sky is sooo blue and clear! completely cloudless... beautiful.

must be so hot too :P