Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Vacation in WA- Day 06

Didn't take any pictures of our accomodation in Busselton because it's erm...a rickety old house and not very nice.

Anyway, we are in the South! So it's animals time! Our first stop, Country Life Farm. It's one of the many establishments in South WA that has animals kept so that we tourist can pay them a fee to feed their own animals! Isn't that a most clever idea?!

In the smelly barn with enormous number of rabbits and guinea pigs. I heard someone commented that the rabbits are breeding like rabbits in there. Hmm...but of course.


There's a carousel and I didn't expect Aidan to go on it but he did and enjoyed himself alot. This one doesn't go up and down though, it just goes round.


It went on for really long time! Till the parents were tired of taking pictures and the kids wanted to come down. haha...

Back to feeding more rabbits. We had a whole tub of carrots which we never finished using. I don't know why I didn't take pictures of the other animals but there was 1 kangaroo, which was very lazy and wasn't interested in food at all, many birds, Alpacas or Lamas and I don't remember what else.
It wasn't very enjoyable so we didn't spend much time with those animals because firstly, the place kinda stinks. Secondly, the weather was really really HOT and the HUGE FLIES were darn irritating. It's your normal houseflies but like triple in size. And there were MANY! They wouldn't leave you alone and attack you whenever you're outside. It got worse when it's near the animals because that is where most of the flies are. Someone told us that those flies were carried in by the wind from the dessert. Well, just because of this reason, it was a wrong time to visit WA. Never ever go in the Summer! As I would no doubt mention again later on, hot weather, we can tolerate, pestering giant flies, we could not.
We learnt that flies like the sun. So in the shady areas, there were less. So we would try to find shade whenever possible. But it's not easy when we want to go to the beach, park, feed animals, playground etc. Ok, I've just devoted a long paragraph to the flies issue so you can see, it was a really big problem for us. Aidan was very irriated as well and he would let out yell now and then out of frustration with flies on his face that wouldn't go away.

Ok so you know, shady area. Haha...the best thing on this Country Life Farm was this NEW indoor playground/gym!!! It's really fantastic. Sg has got so many of these places, Pollywogs, Fidgets, Go Go Bambini and this one beats them all hands down. The place itself isn't as big as Pollywogs but the equipments are so much more exciting! It's compact and yet so many things to explore and play. They even segregated out the areas according to age group. This is one of the main gripe I have about local ones because I get very worried when the very big kids would play together with the small kiddos and big kids are rough so I never leave Aidan out of my sight.
Regretted didnt have many pictures here to show you what I meant. Partly because I was so happy to finally have the opportunity to rest outside the play area while Aidan played inside.


Ok, this has got to be Aidan's haven. He loves these cars and over here, there are sooo many!

It's funny how he decided to push all the car to one side and park them in a neat row.
Look at how neatly the cars are parked. Well done.
So it's off to lunch! Just look at the yummy lamb chops! One of the best I've ever had! Food is really expensive in WA and I couldn't bear to spend so much in one seating so we ordered just this and a pizza to share. What a big mistake. I could gobble this one down all by myself and have seconds. Instead, we shared this one and I really wanted more very badly. Sigh...If it was in Sg, I would have ordered another. But in WA, food takes really really long to get served. It's usually a 30min wait each time.

The pizza was ok. I ordered it more for Aidan but I ate some because I was still very hungry having my tastebuds tickled by the lamb chops.

After a great but unfulfilled lunch, we decided we ought to go for ice cream at Simmons. A famous ice-creamery in WA. Many variety of ice-cream and Aidan being in his purple phase had to choose a colour like this. He said purple but it's actually pink.

It didn't last long because Daddy tried to have a bite and Aidan wouldn't let go and the entire cone dropped onto the floor.

No comments: