Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Toys and such

Having a little one really doesn't come cheap. Aidan has just turned 6 months and is at a new stage of development. Being the doting parents that we are, look at what we got for him. All bought over the last 2 weeks, taking advantage of the John Little Storewide sale and Isetan Private Sale. Lots of toys to hone his motor skills.

When I saw these, I knew I had to get it. Dr. Seuss needs no introduction and when it comes in DVDs with storytelling and narration, I just couldn't pass it up.

His infant car seat was meant to be used till he turns 1. But being as long/tall as he is (in the 90th percentile) meant that he is outgrowing it too soon. So we got this at IPS at around 30% off RPP.

Our friend highly recommended this as a playmat for children. Made in Korea, it is supposedly made of heavy duty, non-slip, non-toxic PVC material. I saw cheaper ones being sold at Mini Toons, but I wasn't sure of the quality. Got this online from www.smallsmallworld.com . It also retails at Mother Works but for a great deal more expensive. ( I notice MW marks up their prices) The material aside, I like that it comes in a bag which makes it very portable. Now finally I can leave Aidan to play on the floor and not worry about him falling off the bed.

So I think we have spent at least $800 on all these so far. We are not done! There're still a couple of things we have in mind to get. We're thinking of the LeapFrog Little Touch LeapPad and the books. Fortunately, we have a friend that is going to loan us her DD's activity table and exersaucer or we would have more things on our list. I certainly hope the money's well spent.

No comments: