Saturday, July 26, 2008

Au Petit Salut revisited

Daddy has come back for a week before he takes off again so I finally have some time to catch up on my blogging. Although this isn't a food blog, my next two posts will be on food.

Yes, we went back to Au Petit Salut because the quality of the food is really good and value for money. This time, we brought Aunty Elaine with us. It's my second time and yet I still enjoyed every single item we ordered. Some pictures for you. (Some dishes were repeated so I didn't take pictures of those.)


“Vitello Tonato” thin slices of roasted veal with light tuna sauce, rocket salad

Our special mocktail


Oven baked seabass fillet with ratatouille and tomato coulis (Seabass hidden under the pile of greens. Even tho' I'm not a big fan of cooked fish, I swear this is tasty!)


Pan-seared “Onglet” beef served with confit shallots and French fries (You'll love this if you love steak. I must have this the next time we go.)


Fresh fruit salad infused with mint served with lemon verbena sorbet (this taste as sweet as it looks)


Mini gingerbread filled with apricot jam and served with cinnamon ice cream (ok, the gingerbread is kinda too strong for my liking and too sweet. Couldn't finish the whole thing. It's too rich)


“Petit Pot” dark chocolate ganache 70% with whipped cream and chocolate shavings (I lost count of how many times Elaine said "mmm...this is soo good, mmm" as she slowly polished it off.)


The happy diners :)

No comments: