Saturday, July 26, 2008

Oiishi sushi

I never thought I would have good sushi in Singapore. Ok, this thought occured after I tasted the good stuff at the world's largest fish market, Tsukiji market in Tokyo last year. We went to Shiraishi, Ritz Carlton Singapore on our anniversary this year but it's only alright. But we finally had some really good quality sushi today at Sushi Yoshida.

Both of us are HUGE fans of raw fish. Had wanted to go there for the longest time. DH had suggested this place but then I went to do my braces and couldn't eat well for some time. Then soon after, I got pregnant and refused to risk my baby by eating raw fish. But I went to tokyo when I was pregnant and thought if there is one safe place in the world to eat raw fish, it has to be Tsukiji market. And there, I went to heaven. But that story is for another time.

So today, we had the set lunch. Very worth it. Only $38, comes with appetizer, soup and fruit.

Our appetizer. Half boiled egg with some sauce and garnish.

Both of us ordered the sushi moraiwase (sushi platter). On it are 8 different kinds of raw seafood, 2 slices of egg omelette and 3 small sushi rolls. I just realised what a bad picture I took because the Chutoro (tuna belly) was partially hidden! :(


Of course we had to order the Otoro (premium fatty tuna belly). This cost $17 per piece! But it's worth it! It comes very close, almost like the ones we had in Tsukiji. Buttery, melts in your mouth goodness...mmm....mmm.

Our sake, which wasn't very good. Not as good as the one we had at Shiraishi.

It's now on the top of our must go again list :)

No comments: