Thursday, October 2, 2008

Aidan's first sounds and now

Here's a clip of Aidan making his first sounds around 5months. I miss his first cooing very much, especially compared to the shrieking sounds he's making now.

Sorry you have to watch it upside down. Please let me know if you know a way to turn it around.




I am kinda worried.

I know it's very likely that I'm overly anxious. After all, children develop and meet milestones at their own pace. The thing is, most babies would have started making consonant sounds like "baa, maa, gaa, goo" around the age of 7 months. By 10 months, they should be uttering sounds like baba, dada indiscriminately. I'm quite positive that I've not heard Aidan producing any consonants. He still coos sometimes, making vowels sounds like "ooh" and "er" and "ah" but even then, it's not too often. When he is feeling chatting, he mostly makes "aaaaah...." and he likes changing the pitch and length. Either that or he shrieks.

I made an effort to speak alot to him from birth. Anyway, most of the time, I'm alone with him so if I don't speak to him, who do I speak to? I have conversations with him and I read too. Could it be that he isn't around people much? I don't really know if I should be concern :(

No comments: