Thursday, October 23, 2008

Bad October


October's a bad month for us. I fell sick twice. Caught the dreadful cold, took me many days to get well. I wonder if it's due to age that I seemed to recover slower than before. A week later, Aidan got the bug and the next day, I got it from him. Geez, I have zero immunity, I tell you. I always tell DH that if there's some epidemic, I'll definitely be saying "bye bye".

Anyway, it's Aidan's first major cold. He hadn't got a fever but it was still very trying for all of us. That night, we could hear him breathing hard from the next room. Terrible nasal congestion and we couldn't sleep as we kept trying to listen, afraid that he'd not be able to breathe.

Could be due to his meds that caused Aidan to be constipated 2 days later. He was walking by the bed when he suddenly stopped, looked at me and cried inconsolably. One moment he was fine and the next he was howling. He has never cried so hard before with big drops of tears rolling down his eyes nor for so long. At least 30 mins. It certainly broke our hearts. We felt quite useless and everything we did seemed futile. We tried to accelerate the process by bringing up his legs, rubbing oil on his little tummy to lessen the pain. Finally, daddy undid his diapers and helped him squeezed it out bit by bit as our baby strained while I held his little hands and strained with him. Who knew a constipation would render 3 people exhausted.

2 comments:

orkie~lina said...

I think there's some bubble soap stuff which u can erm pump into his tiny xx to help constipation. I remember my parents using that (nt on me tot, at least based on my memory i hope). U can check it out in those TCM halls.

take care gal. :)

Aggieb said...

He's fine now. It's just that single time. Thanks.